Saturday, August 2, 2008

CC177 & SC187

Hi all,

I just completed a Sketch and Colour Challenge from over on SCS. You can find the original Sketch thread here and the original Colour thread here if you want to play along. CC177 was to use Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Groovy Guava. *sob* Saying goodbye to Groovy Guava is distressing! SC187 gives the layout with the 3 panels in the back and the main rectangle panel.



It is a standard card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Sahara Sand folded in half), and the back Guava panel is 4" x 4 1/2". That Guava piece is run through my Cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. I wrapped a piece of Guava Double Stitched Ribbon around it before adhering it to the card base.

Each white panel is 1" x 4", and they are stamped with the set A Beautiful Thing with Groovy Guava and Sahara Sand ink. Then I ran them through the CB with the same emboss folder. I swiped the sides with the Guava stamp pad.
I layered those onto Sahara pieces (1 1/8" x 4 1/8") and they were raised up with Dimensionals.

The centre panel is a piece of Whisper White CS measuring 2" x 3". I stamped the sentiment from A Beautiful Thing in Versamark and embossed it with Clear EP (Emboss Powder). I brayered over it with Groovy Guava ink. It's layered on a 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" piece of Sahara Sand. Those were both punched with the Ticket Corner Punch. Flowers were punched with the Three For You Punch, and Vintage Brads were added to the middle.

I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to place the border at the bottom.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: