Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Sample for Colour Inspiration Challenge 19

Here is my card for Kristina's Colour Challenge. I just got my first new catty order, so I had to play right away! So I used the black, the gray, the white, and....the blue. My colour of choice is Baja Breeze! I chose that because I saw my new double stitched ribbon in that colour, and I really wanted to use it. I tried to tie it 2 times, and ended up wasting it. I need practice with the fat ribbons.

For the main image, I used the new stamp set Upsy Daisy. I covered the stamp with the Basic Gray ink, then I took my sponge dauber, soaked it in Baja Breeze ink, and dabbed that around some of the flowers, so there is a dual-toned sort of look to it.

In the background, I used the Inspired By Nature stamp set (the grass), and stamped that in Basic Gray ink, and sponged the bottom.

I used an old chipboard piece from one of the retired packs. I covered it in Versamark, put the Heat & Stick powder on it, and heated it up with the heat tool. While it was sticky, I poured Onyx Glitter on it (Martha Stewart), and then heat set. THe middle part is the Designer Label Punch and the Large Oval Punch.


Recipe:

SS: Upsy Daisy, Inspired By Nature

CS: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Baja Breeze

Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Versamark

Other: Silver Brads, Gray Tafeta Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Chipboard, Glitter, Large Oval Punch, Designer Label Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack


Hope you like it!


***Added: the first pic was taken at night. Here is a day-time pic.



7 comments:

chocolate hug said...

Ahh...yet ANOTHER fabulous new Stampin' Up set! I really enjoy how you didn't find it necessary to put the bottom on the stamp at the edge of your paper. Very daring!

Tanja said...

This turned out so beautifully! Great card!

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card .... I love the shading

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I love the blue around the flower!

Traveling Mama said...

What a pretty card! Love that baja breeze! I cannot wait to get mine!

Catherine said...

STUNNING! i've seen several cards using this set and they're all gorgeous... and your one of them =)

Conni said...

this is awesome!!!

Love the colors and that stamp set too!!
C