Tuesday, August 26, 2008

(Early) Christmas Card

Hi All,
So, this is my all-time favourite Christmas set. It's called Holiday Lineup, and it's soooo cute! This was a late-night concoction, so this picture has no daylight. I'll try to take one in the morning, all though I don't know how much daylight there is at 6:30am. I feel like I might want to submit this to SU for one of their contests. We'll see...
Here she goes:
I stamped the reindeer on watercolour paper in Timber Brown Staz On ink, and watercoloured that with my Stampin' Write Markers and my Aqua Painter. Then, I ripped it (about 2 1/2" x 4"). I mounted that on a distressed piece of Holiday Treasures DSP sized at 4 1/4" x 2 3/4". And then onto an 1/8" larger piece of Baja Breeze CS. I wrapped the new Double Stitched Baja Breeze Ribbon around that.
The card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Chocolate Chip folded in half. Then, there's a piece of distressed Baja Breeze CS sized at 5 1/4" x 4". I used the new Jolly wheel along the bottom of that, which I heat embossed with Clear EP. The next layer is another piece of the Holiday Treasures DSP sized at 5" x 3". I cut a strip of the Baja Breeze Ribbon, and cut a "V" in each end, and stuck it onto those layers.
I mounted the main panel onto the base layers with Dimensionals. Oh yeah, there is some Crystal Effects on his nose for some added texture. The sentiment is from Loads of Love, and it says Holiday Cheer. I thought it was cute beacuse if you look at the image, I guesss it's meant to be sarcastic. I stamped the sentiment in black onto Very Vanilla CS, and punched that out with my Word Window Punch. I layered that onto another Word Window, punched out of Chocolate Chip CS.

Hope you like it!

No comments: