Friday, August 22, 2008

CC180 & SC190 SCS Challenges!

Here is the card I made this afternoon for the Sketch and Colour Challenges from this week over at SCS.





The Colour Challenge #180 asked us to use Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, and Blush Blossom.

The Sketch Challenge #190 asked us to use those 2 diagonal/triangle panels, with the circle in the middle.








I made a 5 1/4" square card from Blush Blossom CS.


Then, I cut a 4 3/4" square piece each of Blush Blossom and Close to Cocoa. I cut those on their diagonal to get 2 triangles. I put half aside (because you only use 1 triangle of each colour). On the brown half, I used my Pretty Petals BG stamp and Cocoa ink. On the Blush half, I used my Twill BG stamp with Coca ink. I sponged both with Cocoa ink.

I then adhered those 2 to a 5" square piece of Ruby Red CS.



For the circle, I used my Classic and Scallop Circle Nestabilities and my Cuttlebug. The smallest piece is Glossy White CS. I stamped the daisy from Inspired By Nature (my new favourite set) in Versamark, and embossed it with white EP. Then, I sponged Cocoa, Ruby and Blush all around it. I adhered that to a larger circle of Blush Blossom CS, and then a larger scallop circle piece of Cocoa CS.


I did SOME paper piercing around the Blush piece, then used my 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch for the holes in the scallops. I used the Slot punch on each side of the circle, then threaded some white grosgrain ribbon through the holes. I secured it with the new Filigree Designer brads on either side and wrapped it around the back of the red sqaure.

I stuck that to the card base with Dimensionals. For the sentiment, I used "For You" from One of A Kind on white CS, and punched that out with my Word Window Punch. I punched a Large Oval out of Blush CS, and a Designer Label out of white CS (and sponged that with Ruby Red ink).

Whew! What a nouth-ful!




Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

I LOVE this card! It's just stunning!

Jenn said...

Very nice! I love the color combo. It is a very stunning card!