Tuesday, August 12, 2008

3 Stamp Camp Cards

OK, I have my first new catty Stamp Camp this Sunday, August 17. I have posted 3 out of the 6 projects that we will be doing.

The first one uses the stamp set Always. I really love this set and did not get it until recently. I earned it for free after hosting a stamp camp a couple months ago!

It's very simple - just a plain white background. I think it looks crisp that way. I also used the new Tangerine Tango colour, which I love! I stamped the heart from the set onto Apricot CS with Versamark, and embossed with White EP (emboss powder). I also used everyone's new best friend - the Scallop Edge Punch.



Recipe:
SS: Always
CS: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Apricot Appeal
Ink: Versamark, Tangerine Tango
Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Apricot Ribbon, White EP, Heat Tool













The second card uses everyone's other friend, Sock Monkey. I have read some very mixed reviews about this set, and as a demonstrator, we had a chance to pre-order it before the catalogue came out, which I did. I think it's a great set if you need something for a child, or if you need something not so girly. I did a lot of sponging in Chocolate Chip on several of these layers. I watercoloured with my Aqua Painter & Earth Elements Watercolour Wonder Crayons. The DSP is old, though. It is the Close to Cocoa Prints pack that has now retired, but I still need to use it up. The card base is made from the new Baja Breeze colour!



Recipe:
SS: Sock Monkey
CS: Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa Prints DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Other: Aqua Painter, EE WW Crayons, Sponge Daubers, Scallop Edge Punch











Lastly, this card is pretty plain too. I think the big white space is effective. I used the set Bloomin Beautiful, which was in the Occasions Mini 2008, and has been carried over into the Fall/Winter 08 collection. Yay! I masked off a strip at the top, and stamped the definition stamp in Sahara Sand several times. I also stamped it again on a scrap piece of white. Then I stamped my sentiment from Sincere Salutations in blue on the scrap, and cut it out with my Large Oval Punch and sponged around in blue. By the way, have you seen the new Wide Oval Punch? I plan on getting it at some point. I stamped the flowers in Basic Black at the bottom, and had to mask some of them to layer them. I coloured with the ink from the lid and my Blender Pen. I am using the new Pacific Point colour! The wide Organdy ribbon is old, but I need to use that up as well.


Recipe:
SS: Bloomin' Beautiful, Sincere Salutations
CS: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Green Galore
Other: Large Oval Punch, Sponges, White Wide Organdy Ribbon, Blender Pens
I will be posting the other 3 cards at some point later on in the week.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: