Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Sample for KWerner's 20th Challenge

I whipped up my sample for Kristina's Colour Challenge #20 (you can see it in the post before this one). The colours were Chocolate Chip (I know, you're thinking, "Winner already"), Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, and Very Vanilla.

Love these colours together. Another hit for her! Here goes:

The card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Pink Pirouette folded in half.

The next layer is a 1/8" piece smaller piece of Chocolate Chip CS. For the next layer, I had 2 panels. The first one is a 5 1/4" x 2" piece of Regal Rose, which was run through my Cuttlebug with the new Argyle emboss folder. The second is a 5" x 1 3/4" piece of Certainly Celery run through the Cuttlebug with the new Forrest BRanches emboss folder. I stuck the 2 embossed layers to the brown layer with Dimensionals, and then wrapped a piece of Satin Chocolate Chip Ribbon around it, and stuck it to the card base.

For the sentiment, I used one from A Little Birdie Told Me, and cut it out with the My Way Punch on Very Vanilla CS. I punched out another arrow in Chocolate CS, and layered it underneath the first arrow. I stuck that to the card with Dimensionals.

For the main image, I cut out an oval with my Nesabilities and my Cuttlebug. I stamped the flower from Bloomin' Beautiful in Black Staz On ink, and watercoloured with my Aqua Painter and my Regal Rose and Certainly Celery ink pad lids. I drew a gray outline around it with my BV23 Copic marker to make it POP. Next I layered that onto a larger oval in Pink Pirouette, and then finally on a scalloped oval in Chocolate Chip. I added some Platinum Liquid Pearls to every other scallop for some interest.

This one's nice and simple. Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Laurie Zoellmer said...

I love this! Very pretty card!

Tina said...

Pretty card, perfect flower! :)

Catherine said...

gorgeous!

Andrea said...

You said, "you hope we like it". Well, I do like it.

Shawntel said...

The flower is just SO Beautiful! Love it! I love the texture too!

zukesgirl said...

Love the coloring and the design!

Awesome!

Tracy