So, there is a birthday coming up this week, where I thought a quilt card would be very appropriate. I also wanted that to be the main focus of the card, so I didn't add much else to it.
The card base is Baja Breeze, then layered with Basi Black and white CS. I used my Ticket Corner Punch on those 2 layers. Then the double stitched Baja Breeze ribbon was wrapped around that layer.
I cut out a Top Note die with my Big Shot, then layered it with lots of 1 1/4" squares from the Hand Made DSP pack (hostess level 3 set).
I used the criss-cross stamp from the set All In A Row to make it look like stitching. My Stamp-A-Ma-Jig came in VERY handy for that one! Then, I sponged the edges with Baja Breeze ink.
I used the big flower from Eastern Blooms - first inked it up in Baja Breeze, then rolled the edges in Ridinghood Red, then stamped it and cut it out. I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the centre with my 2-Way Glue Pen.
I stamped a sentiment from Crazy For Cupcakes onto white CS, then punched it out with the Word Window Punch.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
OK, get geared up for the amazing finds for this week.
1. Jeanne Streiff (Inky Paws): No Worries Card
2. Beate John (fresh & fun): Fabulous Friend Card
3. Claudia (Pretty Pressings): Tilda with Lamb Card
4. Dawn (Dawns Stamping Thoughts): Sesame Street Card with Punches and Kindness Card
5. Kathie Bailey (Just an Inking): Pleated Card
6. Suzanne (Scrap Bitz): Miss Anya Card
7. Renee (Stamping for Sanity): Friend Butterfly Card and And Many Mower Card
8. Silke Ledlow (My Life): Little Things Card
9. Faith (Stampin' With Markie's Mom): Seahorse Card
10. Jodi Collins (Stamping A Late): Kiwi Kiss Card
11. Jessica Rone (Can You Say Addicted to Stamps): Food Replaced Sex Card
12. Kim Teasdale (Paper in the Works): Chicken Soup Card
13. Nancy Riley (iStamp): Grad Card
14. Amy Rohl (Ink About Me): Ridinghood Red Anya Card
15. Jody Morrow (Confessions of a Ribbon Addict): 5th Avenue Floral Card and Kind People Card
16. Julee Tilman (Poetic Artistry): Card for a Cause
17. Michelle (Freedom in Creating): Blended Bird Card
18. Chat (Me, My Stamps, and I): Soft Summer Card
19. Nancy Morgan (Paper Smiles): 5th Avenue Floral Prayer Card
Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, March 28, 2009
I used plain white as the base. I tied the So Saffron ribbon around it (the one you receive from the Sale-A-Bration Catalogue), and I tied a small piece of Linen Thread around that, too.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Secondly, I am officially a Certified Copic Designer! I took the full day class today in Toronto (actually Brampton), and it was great! Marianne Walker (by the way, she has a very popular blog called I Like Markers) showed us several different things. First, she talked about the types of paper and ink we should be using. Then, she talked about all the different types of markers Copic makes. She showed us several techniques of colouring and blending, and she showed us how to use our Colorless Blender for blending and for special effects. At the end, we got to use the airbrushing system (uh oh, I'm in trouble - it's definitely on the list).
Below is a shot of my collection to this point. This is including the markers I already had, and the few that we received with our class today (We received 2 Sketch markers, 2 original Copic markers, 1 Various Ink Refill, 2 multiliners, a Ciao Colorless Blender, a Copic Wide marker, and an Atyou Spica glitter pen).
I took a picture of one of my scrap sheets to show you the kinds of things we were doing.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
OK, here are the finds for this week...enjoy!
1. Amy Rohl (Ink About Me): Combo Challenge Card
2. Suzy (papermonkey.org): Magnolia Elf Card
3. Jodi Collins (Stamping A Latte): 5th Avenue Floral Card
4. Carol (Stamp Like Crazy): Giraffe Baby Cards and Praying For You Card
5. Faith (Stampin' With Markie's Mom): Geisha Card and Beate CASE Card
6. Kimmie (Kraftin' Kimmie's Korner): Ivy KETTO Card
7. Renee (Stamping For Sanity): Thanks So Much Card
8. Silke Ledlow (My Life): May God Bless You Card
9. Connie Collins (Constantly Stamping): Easter Basket
10. Michelle (Zindorf): Swirly Butterfly Card with Tutorial
11. Kim (Paper in the Works): Butterfly Sympathy Card
12. Amy (Amy`s Addiction): Manhattan Embossed Card
Hope you enjoyed!
Head on over to Claudia's blog. She has some fantastic cards, and she is giving away some blog candy! She is showcasing come really cute sets from Magnolia, so go check it out! Below is a picture of what she will be drawing for:
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Well, I am on a Greeting Farm kick lately. I used the adorable set called Rock the Farm. It is another one of those "Anya & Ian" sets, but I only took Anya this time. I also used a couple of the animals from McSplendid Farm.
I stamped her in Black Soot Ranger Distress ink onto Very Vanilla CS, coloured her with Copics, and cut her out. Same goes for the chicken. The cow was stamped onto the main rectangle panel and coloured with Copics.
I sponged Old Olive and Bashful Blue ink around the cow to fake a scene. That was mounted onto a Pumpkin Pie panel, then onto a Chocolate Chip panel. At the bottom, I punched the CS with a Martha Stewart edge punch.
The card base is So Saffron, then comes a layer of Chocolate Chip. The panels are made from my Hawaii Papaya DSP, then the So Saffron ribbon from the SAB catty is next.
I really wasn't sure what sort of sentiment to add to this one - I guess we'll see what I use it for!
Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Firstly, I used a standard sized white card base, and embossed it with the diamonds Cuttlebug folder with my Big Shot. It is hard to see in this pic, but you can always click on the photo to enlarge it.
Then, I used Basic Black CS, Basic Gray CS, and Basic Gray Prints DSP with my Classic and Scallop Oval Nestabilities (with the Big Shot).
I stamped the images in Black Versafine and embossed them with clear EP. I then coloured them with Copic markers. I cut them out, and mounted them on foam squares.
The sentiment was stamped on white CS and punched out with my Small Oval Punch, and I put a tiny bit of Pacific Point in on the outside just to frame it.
The ribbon is the Gray Taffeta from SU.
Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Ever feel like you couldn't use a brayer to save your life? Well, our good friend Renee at Stamping for Sanity has linked a couple of videos made by Mrs. Lumpy, and she has also made a beautiful card! To learn doing scenery/a backgroud is a MUST!
(Click on the picture to go to her post)
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Here are my finds for this week:
1. Nancy Riley (iStamp): Praying for You Card
2. Beate (fresh & fun): Duck Card and Cute Little Bunny Card
3. Jeanne Streiff (Inky Paws): Mad Cow Card
4. Dawn (Dawns Stamping Thoughts): Honey Gate Fold Card and Faux Ripped Paper Card
5. Cindy Lawrence (The Creative Closet): Friends are Like Flowers
6. Danielle Lounds (Fat Cat Stamper): Mermaid Box Tutorial
7. Jodi Collins (Stamping A Latte): You're So Thoughtful Fruit Card
8. Kelly Lunceford (Flutter By atomic butterfly): Tied the Knot Card
9. Connie (Constantly Stamping): Cherry Pillow Box
10. Carol (Stamp Like Crazy): Bleached Thoughts & Prayers Card
11. Chat (Me, My Stamps, and I): Acetate Card and Purses Card
12. Julee Tilman (Poetic Artistry): Black & White Butterfly Card and Floral Symphony Card
13. Amy (Amy's Addiction): 5th Avenue Card
14. Amy Celona (ustampforfun.com): Mirror Image Card & Technique
15. Kirsten (Kirsten's Stampin Korner): How to Make a Ribbon Rose
16. Gayle Mather (Little AM Creativity): Lovey Dovey Card
17. Kirsty Brown (Kirsty;s Card N Scrapping): Whale Wishes Card
Wow, it was a rough week...SO many fantastic people crafting out there! Enjoy!
OK, so as promised, I am revealing where I got the set up for the Perpetual Birthday Calendar. I got the template for my calendar from Danielle Lounds' blog. She made it herself, and decided she would share it with everyone! A big thank you to her. Here is the link if you want to download a copy for yourself:
Have fun making calendars!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
That was then layered on a 2 3/4" square piece of Baja Breeze CS, then layered again onto a 2 7/8" square piece of Ridinghood Red CS, which was punched with the Ticket Corner Punch.
Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
OK, so I have seen several different versions of this type of project. Please keep in mind...these picturees are not very good quality, as they were taken with no natural light. You get the idea. I will be putting up the link to the template I borrowed in a later post - it was made by Danielle Lounds.
I decorated the cover with the DSP and ribbons you can earn during Sell-A-Bration with Stampin' Up! For Canadians, you only have to place a $60 order to receive one of the offers in the SAB brochure for free! Or you can earn them by hosting a workshop until the end of March (then we welcome the Occasions mini!). OK, back on track...
For April, I used another piece of DSP from the SAB catty at the top. At the bottom, I used the adorable designer Filigree brad.
For May, I used the set Crazy for Cupcakes (LOVE that set, and you will see it again). Coloured the images with markers and Waterclor Wonder Crayons/Aqua Painter.
I coloured the tree in with markers (I think?), and then I created the clouds. I cut a scallop circle out of a piece of scrap, and then I used it as a stencil. I would place it in various spots around the tree, then sponge blue ink around it to create clouds.
For December, I went with the set Holiday Lineup (my favourite Christmas/Holiday set EVER). I coloured these guys in with markers.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Here we are again,
I've got some GREAT ones this week! Take a look:
1. Patty Bennett (Patty's Stamping Spot): Manhattan Flower Wedding Card
2. Kelly Lunceford (Flutter by Atomic Butterfly): Rockabilly Pirates Card and Bird on a Branch Card
3. Chat (Me, My Stamps, and I): Three Little Words Card and You, You, You Card
4. Beate (fresh & fun): Pumpkin Poppies Card and WSC71 Card
5. Dawn (Dawns Stamping Thoughts): Fifth Avenue Floral Card
6. Faith (Stampin' With Markie's Mom): Fairy Cards (all 3)
7. Amy Ward (Amy's Addiction): Beautiful Butterflies Card and Cheap Talk Card
8. Amy Rohl (Ink About Me): His and Hers Sweet Ones Cards (old SAB)
9. Kim Teasdale (Paper in the Works): Caught a Bug Card and Daffodils Card
10. Julee Tilman (Poetic Artistry): Miracles Blossom Card and Beautiful Kindness Card
11. Danielle Lounds (Fat Cat Stamper): Hello There Card
12. Connie (Constantly Stamping): Delicate Dots Card
Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Stop by the Verve blog and check things out! (link is above)
Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Here are this week's great sample picks!
1. Connie (Constantly Stamping): SAB Parisian Card.
2. Beate (fresh & fun): Blooming Genie Bag and Branch Out Card Masculine
3. Faith (Stampin' With Markie's Mom): Crimped Card with Tutorial
4. Charmaine (Oodabug Alley): Weekend Sketch #70 Card
5. Julee (Poetic Artistry): Viva la Buttons Card
6. Dawn (Dawns Stamping Thoughts): Colouring Brads & Distressing Card
7. Condy (the creative closet): Easter Lily Card
8. Jody (Confessions of a Ribbon Addict): Great ideas for wheels
9. Danielle (Fat Cat Stamper): Joy Fold Card
10. Nancy (iStamp): Easter Card and Little Bundle of Joy Card
11. Kirsty (kirstys cards 'n' scrapping): Cupcake Card
12. Jen (Kiyomi Krafts): Fisherman Ian
13. Chat (Me, My Stamps, and I): Hello Friend Card and Pinwheel Card
Well, looks like that's it for this week. Hope some of these inspired you - these are all very crafty people!
Thanks for stopping by!