Friday, December 11, 2009

Santa and Mrs. Claus DVD Tin

Hi All,

Once again, another challenge! This time, the challenge was from the Club Anya blog.  They have called it "The Complete Package" because the challenge was to use Anya or Ian stamps to make a gift or packaging for a gift.  You can make a card to go with it, but that is not the focus of the challenge.
So....

I used an old DVD tin (can't remember where I got it, but lots of stores have them), and decorated it.  It is a fairly simple layout, using bright and cheerful colours.

The base layer is Bermuda Bay, with rounded corners, then a layer of Crushed Curry, punched with the Martha Stewart Crown edge punch (love that one!), then a layer of Real Red and Whisper White CS.

I then put a strip of Handsome Hunter on top of that, which is punched with an EK Success edge punch that is a landscape of trees.  I added white gel pen to the tips of the trees to make it look like snow.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig with SU's Happy Everything stamp set to stamp the sentiment in black ink at the bottom.

I tied some Bermuda Bay ribbon around the base layer, and attached it to the tin with Sticky Strip.

For the 2 cute characters, I used Anya and Ian from the Xmas Sweeties set. They are an adorable Mr. and Mrs. Claus.  I even coloured their hair gray, even though they are obviously too young for that!  They were stamped onto Gina K Luxury White CS with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured with Copic markers.

On the inside, I just used Bermuda Bay and Real Red CS to decorate - the same EK Success edge punch with white gel pen.

Simple, but sweet project - maybe to keep xmas photos in, or other keepsakes.  Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: