Thursday, December 1, 2011

SOG Challenge: Easel Card

Hi all,

I hope you're all having a great week so far.  Since I schedule most of my posts ahead of time, sometimes I don't know what's going to happen, but if everything has gone according to plan, last night I would have seen Breaking Dawn with my best friend!
Are there any Twi-fans out there?  I know there are, actually.  I've read all of the books, and seen all of the movies thus far, so I saw no need to disrupt the trend :-)

Anyway, back to bid-niss.  Today we have another awesome challenge over on the Some Odd Girl blog!  Last time we had an interesting recipe challenge, and this week, we are challenging you to make an easel card!  You should see what the ODD girls have done with this challenge!  This is one amazing team.
If you don't know how to make an easel card, there is a really quick and easy tutorial on SplitCoast HERE.

Here's mine:

My card base is Pretty In Pink CS, all my patterned papers are from the Basic Grey pack called Olivia, and everything is matted with black. 
I added 4 adhesive rhinestones to the front panel, and the sentiment and cloud come with the image.
On the underside, I used the corner flourish from the same set and some more rhinestones to hold up the easel. 

I stamped Grow onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured her up with Copics (love all those folds in the fabric!) and cut her out with a thin white border around. 

You can make your own easel card and head over to the SOG blog and link it up - we'd love to see!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

very nice your coloring is great..thks for sharing..

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Robin!

citronlime said...

Your coloring is stunning...! And your card also ;)