Friday, December 2, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Holiday Theme

Hi all,

Welcome to another Friday, which means another weekend!  {happy dance}
I hope you had a great week - I'm not gonna mention that the weather is slowly getting FREEZING, and I'm not ready...almost in denial, in fact.  I'm a summer girl :-)

Anyway, let's move onto the exciting stuff of today - Bellarific Friday!  We had an awesome challenge last Friday, which was to make a holiday card...my favourite!  I love Christmas and winter cards - they always have the BEST images, and they are the most fun to create!  I hope you were able to join in this week - Christmas is getting closer, and you'll need your cards soon.

Here's mine:

I went for a very simple layout and simple colours.  All my cardstock is plain white, and I have 1 panel of patterned paper from SU's Frosty Day DSP pack, and I punched those corners with my Ticket Corner Punch.  For the white layer on top of that, I embossed it with my Snowflakes Cuttlebug folder.

I stamped King of the Candy Canes onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured the whole thing with Copic markers, and I added the ground shading and the outside shading with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I cut him out with Classic Rectangle Nesties, and added some Wheat Versamagic sponging on the inside of the stencil.  I mounted that onto a white piece cut out with Scallop Rectangle Nesties.

Copics used:
*Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, YR00
*Hair: E30, E33, E37, E49
*Crown: Y32, Y35, Y38, C1, C3
*Candy Cane: R20, R43, R46, C1
*Jumper: B32, B34, B37, B39
*Stocking: R00, R02, R05, R08, C00

Next week's challenge???  An all white card!  I love this idea - I think white cards are so clean and classic.  So, make a white card using any of the images sold at Stamping Bella, and send it to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night.  You'll be entered to win Bella Bucks, and your card will be published on the Bloggabella!

Have a great weekend!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Love your card your coloring is so good..love his hair...thks for sharing

Pauline said...

Wonderful card Robin. Love your colouring and your shading is awesome!

Christy/Tiddly Inks said...

Adorable!!! Great colors and finish to the whole card!