Monday, November 28, 2011

Celebrate With a Lulu Cake

Hi all,

I feel like it's been a while since I played with my Lulu images from Stamping Bella - so it's high time I got one out!
I truly do love these images - they are one of the lines that Emily has where I "NEEDED" them all when they came out.

Here it is:

My card base is Kraft CS, and that gorgeous fuzzy patterned paper is from Heidi Grace Designs called Paradise Point/Flourish (it is shimmered and flocked)!  I matted that with black and added some pink Martha Stewart pearls to the corners.  Across that, I tied some black grosgrain ribbon into a knot.
The sentiment is Celebrate from Stamping Bella, and that was stamped onto white CS, and cut out with my SU Curly Label Punch.  I adhered that underneath a Pretty In Pink square matted with a white square.

I stamped Lulu's Birthday Cake onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured it mostly with Copics, and added some shading with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I also added some White Liquid Pearls to the centres of the flowers, and I added glitter spots all around the cake. 
I cut it out with Classic Square Nesties, and added a Scallop square black mat. I also added some Wheat Versamagic ink sponging inside the stencil, around the cake.

Don't forget about our holiday Bellarific Friday challenge for this week - you still have until Thursday night to submit your card!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

nicely done...have not colored Lulu for awhile myself..addicted to the Saturated Canary images for the moment..if you have time stop by my blog to see one I colored well my first one..thks for sharing
http://kerri-thankgodforcolors.blogspot.com/

Dana White said...

Robin this is stunning!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Robin! Love that flocked paper - great colouring!