Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Spotted Orchids

Hi all,
Last week was such a busy week, and this week is turning out to be no different!  The holidays are such a beautiful time, but can be a bit overwhelming.  Still grateful though!

I got to sit down and colour some beautiful flowers from the Stamping Bella store!  I always hear that orchids are not that easy to keep alive, and they are kind of the "diva" of the flowers - requiring misting and whatnot. LOL
These ones in rubber are not so bad though :-)

My card base is Sahara Sand CS, and my 2 patterned papers are from SU's old Ginger Blossom DSP pack, with black mats.  I also added some fun black zig-zag stitching with my Janome Sew Mini machine.  I like the look of the skewed panels - throws you off a bit.

I stamped Pot O' Orchids for Lulu onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured it with Copics, and added some shading with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I cut that out with Classic Square Nesties and added some Pretty In Pink sponging inside the stencil.  The sparkly orchid is from Martha Stewart - this pack is GORGEOUS!  I also added some spots to my orchids with Copics - thought it looked pretty interesting!

Copics used:
*Petals: R0000, R00, R20, R43 (spots)
*Leaves: G21, G24, G99
*Pot: E40, E41, E43
*Bow: R81, R85

I hope everyone had some delicious holiday feasts and minimal stress.  Wishing you a happy recovery and an easy transition back to real life :-(

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kelly Schelske said...

This card is gorgeous Robin!