Friday, December 23, 2011

SOG Challenge: Inspiration!

Hi all,
Now, I know we usually do our challenges on Thursdays, but this time, we are mixing it up and posting on Friday!  Last week, Kristy put out an amazing release of clear stamps (perfect for Valentine's Day or that specal occasion you have coming up)!  So, the ODDies are using the stamps from that release!  Just wait til you see what we've all got up our sleeves!

For this challenge, we have a picture for you to use as inspiration!  Take a peek:


What are you going to take from this one?  The colours?  The hearts?  The book? That cute ticket?  Take your pick...

Here's mine:
My card base is Sahara Sand CS, and I embossed the right-hand side with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder. 
On the left side, I added a white panel, which has 2 rounded corners, and some Pretty In Pink sponging around it.  I also added 2 red rhinestones to the pointy corners. 
The sentiment and the arrow are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink (and they both come with the image!).
The heart is one of those old SU Sticky Cuts, and I covered it with red micro fine glitter (va va voom).  The red orchid in the middle is from Martha Stewart.

I stamped Crushin Gwen onto Bella's Bestest Paper, and I used Versafine Onyx Black ink, and embossed her with Clear embossing powder.  I love that effect.
I coloured her with Copics, and cut her out with a thin white border around - makes her stand out a bit against the base.

Copics:
*Skin: E000, E00, E11, E13, R02
*Hair: E33, E37, E49
*Eyes: BG00, BG43, BG45
*Shoes: C3, C7, 00
*Dress: R00, R20, R43, R46, R29

We want you to play along this week - head over to the SOG blog to submit your creation using the picture as inspiration.  If you have any SOG images you can use, we love to see them!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: