Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stash 8 Challenge: Add Some Fabric!

Hi all,

Every 2 weeks there is an awesome challenge held over on the Some Odd Girl blog, and our time has come again!  It is time for the 8th stash challenge, and we have been challenged to add some fabric to our project!  Now, you can't squeak by with only adding the usual stuff like ribbon, lace, and thread.  You really have to add some fabrics that we don't already use on all our projects!
Also, I don't want you to get too excited, but the Some Odd Girl store just had a HUGE release this week, and the Odd Girls are all playing with brand spankin' new images for this challenge!  OK, go ahead and get excited!

Let's see what you can come up with!

Here is my take, and my fabric of choice is felt!

For my card, I chose to work with the cutie Ballerina Kaylee!  Now, this was technically a Hallowe'en release, and I chose a ballerina...so you would think pink, right??  Wrong!  I really wanted to play with some fun and spooky colours, so my card is a bit out-of-the-box!

My card base is Whisper White CS, followed by some striped paper from SU's retired Ghastly Greetings DSP pack, matted with Basic Gray CS.  I added 3 strips of black grosgrain ribbon, just to break it up a bit. 
For the smaller panel, I took a Whisper White piece, and added a mask to the centre, then stamped a cheesecloth background on it with black ink, and sponged in some Basic Gray ink around the edges.  Then, I removed the mask, and sponged some green and vanilla inks in the centre, and matted that piece with Pumpkin Pie CS.  I drew in some bats with my black Sakura Glaze pen, and I punched some clouds out of white felt and stuck them on.

I printed Kaylee onto PTI White CS, coloured her with Copics, cut her out, and adhered her with Dimensionals.  Her blue eyes were done wih an Atyou Spica glitter pen.

Don't forget to take a look at the SOG blog to see what the DT have done, and to submit your own creation using fabric!

Also, there is a brand new FREEBIE for this month - make sure you head over to get it!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: