Wednesday, October 13, 2010

InStyle Colour Challenge

Hi all,

It is that time of the month again...OK, not THAT time, but we are celebrating another colour challenge at the InStyle Stamps blog!  What a way to celebrate hump day.  We got a really juicy picture to inspire our colours, and it goes perfectly with the season!  Here's a glimpse:


Taylor got this pic from the Country Living blog HERE.  Isn't it festive?  They have all kinds of beautiful table settings to gawk at.

Well, instead of your typical fall/Thanksgiving card, I chose a totally opposite image, and just used the colours.  I'm just quirky like that!

My card base is More Mustard CS, then I added a layer of Whisper White, which was embossed with my Argyle Cuttlebug folder, and matted with Basic Black.  I wrapped a piece of Soft Suede polka dot ribbon around that base layer.

I printed GiGi onto PTI White CS and coloured her With Copics, then added a Basic Black mat.  I kept it very simple, because the image is so large...not much else I could do  : )
GiGi is not out yet, but is an upcoming release at the ISS store!  She is part of the "A Day in the Life" series.  She is rather naughty, though...prolly every guy's fantasy, right?

Make sure you head over to the ISS blog to see what the DT have done, and to play along with your own creation using the colour scheme!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow - she's a sassy one, isn't she?!? LOL I love how you took the colors from the photo and created such an un-seasonal card with them. You did a fabulous job coloring the image.

Scrappychick said...

Fab card! I just love the image...it is so risque! Your coloring is gorgeous :)

Kristine Reynolds said...

Oh Robin...I love your Gigi card. It's colored perfectly. What a great take on the color challenge!

Jenny said...

Very clever! and all that colouring - WOW!
Ta heaps for the advice about linking direct to post. I am only new at this and am keen to learn. Now I will go and look up my "Blogging for dummies" book. LOL. Jenny

Taylor said...

Your coloring is STUNNING!! I am so in love with this!