Friday, October 23, 2009

Verve Challenge Card #5 (and final)

Woo hoo!

It is release day over at Verve! The release party starts tonight at 9pm over in the Verve forum (this is an electronic party, by the way), and then after the party ends, you can hop over to the Verve shop and start buying the new releases!
Once again, to see the 5 sketch challenges Julee made for this week, click HERE, or I have posted the sketch for today below.

Here is my card:


I gave some more love to my Verve stamps on this one. I used the stamp set Ornamental Christmas. This has all the best sentiments for the holidays, and if you so desire, they fit inside all the ornaments!

My card base is Soft Suede, then a layer of Brushed Gold, then a layer of the new Christmas Cocoa DSP from SU. For the horizontal panel, it is a piece of Soft Suede CS punched with the Martha Stewart fence edge punch, and then another layer of the DSP (the piece with the holly on it). Below that, I tied a piece of Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon.

For the main panel, I cut out a square of white, then a larger square of gold, the a larger square of Soft Suede. On the white piece, I stamped the ornament in Memento Brown ink, and sponged the edges of the square with Soft Suede ink. The branches were stamped at the top in Always Artichoke ink.

I stamped another ornament on a piece of scrap paper, cut out the ball, stamped the sentiment in Versamark, and embossed with Gold EP. Then, I sponged the outside with Gold Encore ink and Soft Suede ink, and mounted it with Dimensionals.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!


P.S. See you at the release party tonight! My SCS name is r2mckinl.

No comments: