Saturday, October 31, 2009

Home Is Where the Movies Are

Hi again,

FYI: This is my second post for today, so scroll down for the first one!
Well, I saw a challenge over on The Greeting Farm Blog called "Home is Where the ______ is". Our job was to make a project that answers that question. They have asked us WHERE, WHAT, or WHO reminds you of home.

Here is my story: My dad used to own a machine that held movies for people to rent (with a membership card) called the Video Cube. It was located in the middle of a small neighbourhood so the people in that community could rent videos from the machine. When new movies came in, he would rotate them into the machine, take the old ones out, and bring them home. No exaggeration - we had hundreds of movies in baskets in our basement. Whenever my friends would come over, we would always go down to the basement, and spend 20 minutes down there deciding what to watch. So, I made a movie card!

I used the 2 sets Showtime and Spooktacular from TGF. I thought I would make a spooky card in honour of Halloween.

My card base is Whisper White, then a layer of Basic Black, then a piece of Rockabilly DSP from SU - this particular piece of DSP is glossy...love it.

The horizontal red polka dot piece is from the same DSP pack, and there is a black piece punched with one of the Martha Stewart edge punches (that rickety fence). Across that, there is a piece of black and white self-adhesive tape (miscellaneous from Michael's).

I used a black strip, and punched it on both sides with the Spiral Punch rom SU, so it looks like a film strip. The characters from the Spooktacular set were stamped on white CS with Memento ink, coloured with Copic markers, and punched out with a 1 1/4" square punch.

I stamped the usher girl and the popcorn from the Showtime set on PTI white CS in Versafine black ink, and embossed with Clear EP. I coloured them with Copic markers, cut them out, and mounted them with Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from the Showtime set, stamped with black ink on white CS, and punched out with the Modern Label punch from SU. I sponged some black ink around the edges, and put some red rhinstones from Close To My Heart on both sides. That was also mounted on Dimensionals.

Well, thanks for stopping by! Happy Hallowe'en!

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

This is GENIUS! LOVE every bit of this SUPER creative card! I just placed an order from TGF! Can't wait to play!!