Thursday, October 22, 2009

Verve Challenge Card #4

Hi All,


Check out the Verve forum on SCS or click HERE to see the sketch challenges for this week's release. Here is the 4th sketch:

Here is my card:



My card base is Whisper White, followed by a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Brushed Silver CS. For the top layers, I used a piece of Whisper White, and a piece of Bermuda Bay, and punched them with the Double Scallop edge punch from EK Success. I love the new punches they have put out! In the top right corner of the Bermuda piece, I added some snowflake rub-ons from SU.

The horizontal strip is Brushed Silver, and I cut the "V" out of the right side with a pair of scissors (I tried to keep it as even as possible).

For the image panel, I used my square Nestabilities, and I sponged the white piece with Bermuda Bay ink. I punched the left side with SU's Horizontal Slot punch, and weaved some Bermuda Bay Polka Dot ribbon through it, and tied it with Linen Thread.

This image is from the Flourishes set All Wrapped Up. It is stamped in Memento Tuxedo ink on Neenah Solar White CS, and coloured with my Copic markers. I used a white gel pen for some highlights on the top parts of the bow. The string of pearls is a self-adhesive pack I bought at Michael's. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Brilliant Blue ink and cut out.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: