Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Verve Challenge Card #3

Hi All,

As promised, here is my card for Julee's third sketch - check out the Verve Release Week Challenges post for all her original sketches. Here is the sketch for this one:

For my card, I decided to pay some special attention to my Verve stamps. I used the lovely Because of You set for the main flower image.

I stamped the flower image twice in Melon Mambo ink on Melon Mambo CS, and let it dry completely. Then, I swiped my Embossing Buddy across it to get rid of any static or moisture. I stamped the same image in Versamark ink in the centre, and embossed with white EP (embossing powder). That layer was mounted on to a white layer.

For the card base and the other layer, I used white CS and Barely Banana CS. The banana layers were embossed with SU's Finial Press embossing folder, and I swiped Melon Mambo ink across the raised parts so that the colour faded from darker at the bottom to lighter at the top.

I used the Eyelet Border punch on the white layer, and the sentiment is punched out with the Key Tag Punch...also stamped in Melon Mambo ink. That sentiment is from the Verve set called Beautiful You.

The ribbon I used is an old SU organdy ribbon - it is very sheer, so difficult to see in the picture.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: