Monday, October 19, 2009

Big Red Present

Hi All,

I had an itch to do a card with one of my Flourishes sets, so I chose All Wrapped Up. This is the best "present set" I have ever seen! Everything is so elegant, and colouring is so fun!

I decided on the colours for this based on my selected DSP - Christmas Cocoa. I just had to use the paper that is flocked....mmmm, flocking. Also, I wanted to do a long card to fit in the open-ended envelopes from SU.
My card base is a 6 1/2" square piece of Whisper White CS (finished card size was 6 1/2" x 3 1/4"). Next, there is a layer of Soft Suede CS (I think 1/8" smaller), then a layer of that lovely flocked DSP at 6 1/4" x 3".
On top of that, I cut out one 1" x 12" strip from the striped paper, and cut that into 2 pieces and stuck them on. Then, I used my Crop-A-Dile and my Jumbo Eyelets from SU at the far right side.



For the main panel, I stamped the large present onto Neena Solar White CS with Memento Brown ink, coloured it in, and cut it out.

I coloured that image in with the following Copic markers: R20, R24, R29, E71, E74, W1, W5, W7, and 0 (Colourless Blender). I also used my white gel pen for some highlights.

For the panel, I cut out a piece of Whisper White CS with one of my Label Nestabilities sets, and sponged inside the frame with Soft Suede ink. I mounted the present onto that die cut with Dimensionals, and mounted the whole thing to the card with Dimensionals.

Lastly, for the sentiment: it is from the same stamp set. I just stamped it in Soft Suede ink onto white CS, and trimmed it with my paper snips.

I wish you could feel this card - it's so fluffy! Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

Oh yeah, and I stamped some presents on the envelope to match.

No comments: