Monday, October 19, 2009

Verve Challenge Card #1

*Note: this is my second post for the day, so scroll down to find the first*

It has been a few months since I participated in the Challenges for a Verve release, so I thought I would jump in this month. There are 5 sketch challenges, and they can be found HERE. The idea is to make a card with each layout, post them on SplitCoast, then post all of the links to each card on the main We Are The Champion Thread.
Here is what the sketch looks like:
Here is my card:

My card base is a 5 1/4" square piece of Whisper White CS. The next layer is a 5" square piece of Handsome Hunter CS, followed by a 4 7/8" square Whisper White piece. That white piece was run through my Big Shot in my Snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder. Afterwards, I took a sponge with my Sage Shadow ink and brushed it over the raised parts to highlight the snowflakes a bit more.

I used my Coluzzle with Handsome Hunter CS and Wintergreen DSP to make the 2 circles.

The image is from The Greeting Farm. It is called Snowball Fight, and it is a digital image. I printed it out onto Papertrey white CS, and coloured it with my Copic markers.

The ribbon is Certainly Celery Poly Twill ribbon from SU, and the sentiment is from the SU set Sincere Salutations - stamped in Handsome Hunter ink and cut out with the Tag Punch.

The image panel and the sentiment panel both have Handsome Hunter ink around the edges to frame them - beacuse there is so much white on the card.


Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: