Monday, March 30, 2009

Quilt Card

Hi All!




So, there is a birthday coming up this week, where I thought a quilt card would be very appropriate. I also wanted that to be the main focus of the card, so I didn't add much else to it.



The card base is Baja Breeze, then layered with Basi Black and white CS. I used my Ticket Corner Punch on those 2 layers. Then the double stitched Baja Breeze ribbon was wrapped around that layer.

I cut out a Top Note die with my Big Shot, then layered it with lots of 1 1/4" squares from the Hand Made DSP pack (hostess level 3 set).

I used the criss-cross stamp from the set All In A Row to make it look like stitching. My Stamp-A-Ma-Jig came in VERY handy for that one! Then, I sponged the edges with Baja Breeze ink.

I used the big flower from Eastern Blooms - first inked it up in Baja Breeze, then rolled the edges in Ridinghood Red, then stamped it and cut it out. I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the centre with my 2-Way Glue Pen.

I stamped a sentiment from Crazy For Cupcakes onto white CS, then punched it out with the Word Window Punch.

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Renée said...

This is so pretty! Love the quilted look and the dual coloured flower!

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin!!! Lovin' your quilt card, I was just about to turn green with envy over your 'stitching'! I have NO idea how to use a sewing machine, but I LOVE that stamp! It really looked like stitching to me!!!

Hope you have a good weekend! The princess stamp release is set for April....20!!! Sorry I had to double-check exactly when. The new release festivities will be starting on my blog on the 13th though so look out for that if you'd like!!!

Just found out my husband has a small air compressor!!! LOLOLOL...May might mean an air brushing system for me...*SQUEAL*