Saturday, March 14, 2009

Upsy Daisy Birthday Card

Hi All,


Well, after spending a LOT of time preparing the birthday calendar (previous post), I decided to add a card to my workshop schedule for this weekend. My colour combo choice is often based on a particular Designer Series Paper that I want to use. This time was no exception.

I based my colours on the brand new Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP. I LOVE this paper. It is a little more expensive than the regular DSP, but once you get it, you know why. Firstly, the paper is extremely thick - a lot heavier than the regular DSP - actually, more like cardstock. Secondly, it is all textured, which adds another interesting element to your cards!



My card base was an 11" x 4 1/4" piece of white CS folded in half. Then, I used a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Baja Breeze CS, and ran it through my Big Shot with th diamonds Texture Plate.

Next, I cut a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of Sweet Slumber DSP, then chopped in half diagonally (so, I would get 2 triangles out of it).

For the main panel, I used a 2 1/2" square piece of white CS, and stamped it with the flowers from Upsy Daisy (love those silhouette stamps!) in So Saffron ink (outsides were rolled in Baja Breze ink before stamping).



That was then layered on a 2 3/4" square piece of Baja Breeze CS, then layered again onto a 2 7/8" square piece of Ridinghood Red CS, which was punched with the Ticket Corner Punch.

Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by!





No comments: