Thursday, March 12, 2009

Perpetual Birthday Calendar

OK, so I have seen several different versions of this type of project. Please keep in mind...these picturees are not very good quality, as they were taken with no natural light. You get the idea. I will be putting up the link to the template I borrowed in a later post - it was made by Danielle Lounds.





It takes 6 pieces of neutral CS (white or vanilla), as 2 months print on each piece. I then backed each calendar month with a 10 1/2" x 3 3/4" piece of Kraft CS. The front and back covers are 10 1/2" x 4" pieces of Basic Black CS. I used my Bind-It-All for the coil binding.


I decorated the cover with the DSP and ribbons you can earn during Sell-A-Bration with Stampin' Up! For Canadians, you only have to place a $60 order to receive one of the offers in the SAB brochure for free! Or you can earn them by hosting a workshop until the end of March (then we welcome the Occasions mini!). OK, back on track...

For the cover, I used the Big Deal Alphabet in Certainly Celery ink to spell the word Birthdays. Then, I used some of the fine cosmo glitter in green and my 2-Way Glue Pen to highlight some of the letters.



For January, I used some retired Ski Slope DSP, and some Felt Flurries (both from the Winter mini), and I used the stamp set Snow Burst.
















For February, I used the stamp set Priceless, as well as my 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.















For March, I used the Shamrock from the set All Year Cheer (I think...). It's retired now, but that's all I could think of for March. I stamped it in Glorious Green ink, and I used my 3/4" Circle punch with Black CS at the bottom.















For April, I used another piece of DSP from the SAB catty at the top. At the bottom, I used the adorable designer Filigree brad.

The stamp set is A Flower for All Seasons. Firstly, I stamped it in black ink. Then, I took the negative rubber (you know, the rubber that is left over after you have punched out the die-cut stamps? Well, I keep that), and I placed it over the image, and I stippled over the entire image with Creamy Caramel ink. That is what makes that brown cloud around the outside of the image. Then, I coloured the image in with markers.










For May, I used the set Crazy for Cupcakes (LOVE that set, and you will see it again). Coloured the images with markers and Waterclor Wonder Crayons/Aqua Painter.



I covered the top cupcake with the pink Chunky Glitter and my Crystal Effects.















For June, I used another strip of DSP from the SAB catty at the top. At the bottom, I used one of the stamps from A Tree For All Seasons.


I coloured the tree in with markers (I think?), and then I created the clouds. I cut a scallop circle out of a piece of scrap, and then I used it as a stencil. I would place it in various spots around the tree, then sponge blue ink around it to create clouds.











For July, I used the Hostess Level 2 set called Echoes of Kindness - this set has some really lovely flowers in it.
I stamped them several different times, and coloured them with crayons/Aqua Painter again.













For August, I used the set Crazy for Cupcakes again. This time, I used the balloon, and coloured 4 of them with my crayons/Aqua Painter.

















For September, I used the set called Eastern Blooms. I used my Close to Cocoa, and Really Rust markers to stamp this one, and the same colour ink pads to stamp the smaller flowers around the outside.

At the bottom, I used a silver brad and the Flower Fusion Too Accents and Elements to embellish.









For October, I stamped the grass from Inspired By Nature in Kiwi Kiss ink. And since it is the month that holds the Canadian Thanksgiving, I decided to make a pumpkin using Tangerine Tango CS, and my Large and Small Oval Punches. I used the Slot Punch for the stem.














For November, I used the always popular Lovely As A Tree to showcase a lovely Fall theme.

This one was very simple. : )












For December, I went with the set Holiday Lineup (my favourite Christmas/Holiday set EVER). I coloured these guys in with markers.











Ta Da! I hope you liked it...sorry about the image quality. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: