Friday, March 30, 2012

Bellarific Friday: Spring or Easter!

Hi all,
Welcome to another Friday!  Things are changing at work, and I'm gonna be a lot more tired in life, I suspect.  We shall see how long I can last at my current speed...

But, let's look towards the weekend - happy thoughts!

It's Bellarific Friday!  Every week, we get a challenge where we can use our Bella images, and come up with a project!  So, this week, our theme was to make a Spring or Easter card - perftect timing, no?

Here it is:

I actually only used white cardstock!  For any coloured cardstock that you see, it was white, sponged with ink.  So, the lower layer was sponged with bashful blue ink and matted on white (both punched with my Ticket Corner punch), and I wrapped some white satin ribbon around it. 

I stamped Row of Eggs With Bunny onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured it with Copics, and added shading and grass with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I added some Wheat Versamagic ink around the edges, and some glitter spots all around the image.  I added a bunch of fun Thickers to the top as the sentiment for a different texture.

Copics used:
*Yellow Egg and Flowers: YR21, Y35, Y38
*Green Egg: YG11, YG13, YG09
*Purple Egg: BV0000, BV04, BV08
*Orange Egg: YR61, YR04, YR07
*Bunny: E40, E41, E43, E30, E31
*Pink Flowers and Butterfly: R20, R43, R46

Next week's challenge??? Our 7th sketch for this year!  Just make a card using the below sketch and any image sold at Stamping Bella and send it to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night.  You'll be entered to win some Bella Bucks (aka free stuff), and your card will be published on the Bloggabella!


Have a great weekend everyone!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Robin, this card is so adorable. Beautifully coloured, love the 'thickers'. This card makes you smile!
Have a great weekend!

Dana White said...

Robin this is so sweet. the colours and shading are perfect & the sentiment is awesome!!

Leslie said...

That's some fancy sponging!! Such a pretty card and I'm loving those Thickers - perfect at the top!