Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dandelion

Hi all,
Well, it's Sunday night, and most people's weekends are coming to an end :-(
I still have tomorrow off, so I am planning on getting stuff done in the day time.

I wanted to get crafty today, but I felt like doing something other than my usual colouring.  I'm playing around with heat embossing, and here's what I came up with:

My card base is Chocolate Chip CS.  I used a piece of a rusty coloured cardstock, but I can't remember the name (it was one of the SU In Colors from a couple years ago), and I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder.  I sponged around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink, and matted it with black and white CS.  I also wrapped some Soft Suede polka dot ribbon around that, and added some white pearls to the corners.
I stamped Dandelion Wisps in Versamark onto the rusty cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I cut it out with Label 7 Nesties, and sponged that with the Walnut ink as well.  I really like how the white pops out from the coloured paper.  Definitely gonna try that again!

Don't forget about our Bellarific Friday challenge this week, to make a card with our 6th sketch!


Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!
Happy Monday to all those going back to work :-)

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow this is gorgeous Robin! Love that you embossed this in white on the rusty c/s - it just makes the image pop! Well done!!

Crafty Cath said...

FANTASTIC! I tried to do a heat embossed version of this stamp too but it ended up in the trash can instead. Looks like I need a Robin-lesson since yours is stunning. Love the bold red and the distress ink undertones!

paula tracy williamson said...

WOW Robin, it's good to play sometimes because you get stunning results like this! I am so lazy when it comes to heat embossing but I love, LOVE the results. This is beauTEEful!!