Saturday, March 10, 2012

Safe Travels

Hi all,
Just stopping in for a quick post...had a long day at work, and I need to jump in the bath pronto!  I was eyeing one of my new Uptown Girl images from Stamping Bella and had to put something together...

White base, and black mats...the blue mat and the patterned paper are from SU's Tickets and Tokens Simply Scrappin' Kit.  The aviator emblem at the top is one of the stickers from the same pack which I matted with black CS. 

I stamped the gorgeous Uptown Girl Molly Makes A Detour (I think she might be my FAVE) onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured her with Copics, and added shading with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.  I sponged the outside of the panel with a very dark ink: Jumbo Java Versamagic ink. 
That was pretty much it - I kept it simple because the image is so awesome.

Don't forget about the Bellarific Friday challenge for this week: to use green on your card or to make a St. Patrick's Day card!  We shall see what you came up with on Friday!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Dana White said...

Robin this is stunning - the shades you chose are perfect for this Uptown girl

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Robin!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous Robin. Your colouing is fantastic, love all your shades. the sticker is a perfect touch to finish it off!

Leslie said...

WOW - your colouring is fantastic!! Love this card!!

paula tracy williamson said...

Those suitcases take a while to color, huh! This looks AMAZING Robin!! Her dress is crazy shaded and looks so real. AWESOME job little sistah!!