Thursday, June 2, 2011

SOG: Masculine Challenge

Hi all,

It's already been 2 weeks since our last challenge, and we have got a whopper for you today - just in time for Father's Day!
Over on the Some Odd Girl blog, we have been challenged to make a masculine card - so any project for a boy is what we want to see!
Kristy has put out some really great guy images, and I chose to work with one of the new photopolymer clear stamps that are in the store! Love those!!!  If you don't have them, you must get them...there are 6 loaded in the store right now, and there might be some more on their way {wink, wink}!

For my masculine card, I actually didn't create a Father's Day card (I know, crazy, right?).

My base is white CS, and I followed that with a layer of Kraft CS, which was embossed with my Mesh Cuttlebug folder and Big Shot.  I went pretty simple for this one - guys don't tend to like a whole lot of extra stuff on their cards, I find.

I stamped Tobie and His Puppy onto Kraft CS using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I tried this technique recently as well - I coloured him up using only the black Prismacolor pencil crayon and OMS.  I like the look of the black and white and neutral, especially for a man.  I matted that onto Black CS, and mounted it with foam dots.

Hopefully you can join us...it's the first challenge of the month, which means you have to use a Some Odd Girl image to qualify for the prize, or the SOG points you can earn.  You have 2 weeks to submit your creation on the SOG blog , and you could win!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

nicely done again..love it and thks for sharing..

Leanne said...

Just love it!! TFS! :)

FitterTwit said...

Hey stranger... it's been awhile! I see you're still UBER-TALENTED! I LOVE this card!!!