Saturday, June 4, 2011

B.A.B.E. Challenge on the Forumabella!

Hi all,

I'm sure by now that you know Stamping Bella has a forum!!!  Well, our very own Jessabella is running a challenge over there - totally separate from our weekly Bellarific Friday challenges on the Bloggabella!  It's going to be a monthly challenge, and with that amount of time, you really have no excuse for not playing along!

Our first challenge started HERE on May 15, and you have up until June 14 to play along, before the next challenge is announced!  Just post your card on your blog and talk about the forum challenge, then head to the forum and leave us the link to your post so that we can take a look!

The challenge this month is a BABE challenge (to use Bellas And Bring on the Embellishments)!  I'm sure you have some Bellas....right?  And every sistah has some embellishments to use.  I REALLY want to see what you create so puh-lease submit one!

Now, I am chiming in a little late with mine, but hey, we have a month, right???

Here's mine:

My card base is River Rock CS, and all my patterned papers are from SU's Ginger Blossom pack.  My mats are mostly black, and I used white CS for the strip across the middle, and punched it with an SU scallop edge punch.
I also wrapped some striped River Rock ribbon around that strip.  I added a bunch of rhinestones to the photo corners and the scalloped edge. 
The sentiment was stamped on white CS with black ink, and punched out with my Word Window Punch.  I layered that onto a black piece, which was punched out with my Modern Label punch.

I stamped Cosmobella onto Bella's Bestest Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured her with Copics, and added some shading with my Prismas and OMS.  I punched that out with Classic Rectangle Nesties, and added some Antique Linen Distress ink to the inside of the stencil.

Copics used:
*Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02
*Hair: E71, E74, E79
*Jeans: B32, B34, B37, B39
*Shirt/Hairband: R24, R05, R27
*Martini/Flip flops: YR61, YR65, YR68

I hope you're able to join us for this challenge - you have just under 2 weeks left!

Also, don't forget about our paper piecing challenge for Bellarific Friday too!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Such a DARLING card and fantastic embellishments! Im' so excited you played along! What a wonderful card and awesome coloring!

Crafty Cath said...

Oh so yummy! Wish I had one of those drinks in my hand right now! Love all your embellis!