Thursday, April 7, 2011

CAS - Some Odd Girl Style



Hi all,

It's been two fun-filled weeks, so it's time to introduce another challenge over on the Some Odd Girl blog!  This time around, we have been challenged to make a Clean And Simple (CAS) project.  I can definitely do the minimalist thing! 

Here's my card:
Nice and easy - my card base is PTI White CS, which was embossed with one of my SU folders.  The next layer is a piece of Kraft CS, which I embossed with my Curved Rectangle Nesties, and I wrapped a piece of white grosgrain ribbon around it, and added some Martha Stewart pearls to the corners.

I printed Bloom Mae (from the SOG store) on PTI White CS, coloured her with Copics, and cut her out with the smaller Curved Rectangle Nestie.  I also added some neutral sponging inside that stencil.  I always add white gel pen to her eyes for some depth as well.

Don't forget to stop by the SOG blog to see what the whole DT have come up with, and to enter your own Clean and Simple creation!  REMEMBER: This is the first challenge of the month, so to be eligible to win the prize, you must use a Some Odd Girl image! We love seeing what you've got!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

nice job..simple but grt..thks for sharing..

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO adorable, and I LOVE how you were still able to pull of CAS w/ coloring. Sometimes I think that's an oxymoron, LOL! GORGEOUS, Robin!

Leah l'Orange said...

the embossing - FABULOUS! i can never seem to figure out the best "sandwich" for my nesties to emboss properly, so i am in AWE of your technique, chickie!