Monday, November 9, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Hi All,

OK, I lied. I am going to post one card today, finish my vacation, and continue posting after that. : )

This card participates in 2 challenges in the internet world. The first challenge is called Where The Wild Things Are. It is posted over at the Greeting Farm, and they are challenging everyone to use images created by Marina Neira. The challenge is to create a "Wildlife" themed card using one of her animals. Lo and behold, I just got 3 of said images in the mail, so I obviously had to make a card.

The second challenge is the sketch for this week from the Card Patterns blog.

So, here is my card:
I decided to go with this wacky monkey called Marlene Monkey. She is just adorable! I stamped her in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured her in with my Copic markers onto Neenah Solar White CS. I sponged Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss ink around that piece, and matted it with some Basic Gray.

I used 2 pieces of DSP from the Urban Garden pack (retired SU), and matted them with Basic Gray also. The piece of Kiwi Kiss in the top left corner was run through my Big Shot with my Cuttlebug Floral Screen embossing folder. This piece and the 2 DSP pieces were sponged with Night of Navy ink.

On the bottom panel, I cut out 2 of the leaves sizzlets in Kiwi Kiss CS, and stuck them on with my 2-Way Glue Pen. I tied a piece of Baja Breeze ribbon in a knot, and added 3 Baja Breeze buttons tied with Linen Thread to the bottom.

I stamped the sentiment using the Simple Serifs Mini Alphabet from SU in Basic Gray ink, and punching it out with the Modern Label punch.

Check out the challenges and have fun!
Hope you enjyed, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

kim.mom said...

Your card is Fabulous!!! Have a great vacation!