Sunday, November 29, 2009

Double Trouble

Hi All,

A lady at work asked me to make her a card to give to someone that just had twins - 1 of each gender. She said she couldn't find any cards that had pink and blue on them. So, here goes...


The card base is Whisper White, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, then another layer of Whisper White, embossed with the Bloom Dots Cuttlebug folder.

Next, I tied some wide White Organdy Ribbon around the whole base. I also added 2 custom-made brads to the right-hand side. I used the Pewter Build-A-Brad to make those. I punched 2 of the 1/2" circles out of DSP, and I stamped the boat and the flower from SU's By Ones & By Twos set on those circles. I coloured them in with markers, then put the brads together.

For the main panel, I used Gina K Luxury White CS, I stamped the babies from TGF's Oh Baby set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured them with Copic markers. The sentiment is from the same stamp set.
I layered that onto Choolate Chip CS, and then I split the next layer in half - the pink half is the Walk In The Park DSP, and the blue half is the Handdrawn DSP.

I also decorated the inside using some Chocolate Chip CS, some white CS, and a Martha Stewart corner punch (you can see it a little bit in the first picture).
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: