Monday, November 16, 2009

Card Patterns Sketch 41

Hi All,

Well, I wanted to make a card with the great sketch over on the Card Patterns blog HERE. I thought the diamond shapes looked neat, so it was a great opportunity to make yet another Christmas card!

For my creation, I wanted to pull out some of the new stuff I got from Close To My Heart. I used the stamp set Holiday Trinkets and the paper pack Jingle (both CTMH).

I stamped the ornament in Sage Shadow ink, first stamping off onto a scrap piece, then stamping onto my white CS for a lighter ornament. Then, I stamped the snowflake decoration inside the ornament full strength. I also sponged some Sage Shadow ink aroung the outsides of the ornament. I added some white Liquid Pearls to that and cut the ornament out. (ends up being mounted with Dimensionals)
I used my Label 1 Nestabilities to cut out the middle diamond shapes, and I will be posting my tutorial in the next couple of days on how to make the mat for that thinner (the next size up in Nestie is quite a bit bigger).
On the main white panel, I stamped the snowflake from Holiday Trinkets in Blue Bayou ink (first stamping off to get a lighter image), and added some blue Liquid Pearls to the centres. I stamped the ornament string in Sahara Sand ink. I added some sponging around the edges of that piece. I matted that on a slightly larger piece of Blue Bayou CS, which was distressed with my Distressing Tool from SU.
The 2 diamonds on either side are 2 1/4" squares of the Jingle DSP, as well as the red strip across the top. That strip was paper pierced with my piercer and Mat Pack, and it was also distressed.

The white card base was punched with the Martha Stewart edge punch (the icicle one), then a piece of green CS was layered underneath.

The ribbon is Rocket Red Polka Dot from Gina K (she sells smaller ribbon bundles for less money, so you are more likely to use it all!) - check HERE. I made that bow using the Bow Easy (which I also bought from Gina K HERE). If you need help on how to use it, I used the tutorial HERE. This tool is amazing! Perfect bows every time.
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

This is so elegant!! I love the soft colors and then that pop of red!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Beautiful card, Robin! Dreamy winter feel to it.

I just posted my card on Card Pattern's blog and your name popped out of the list at me.