Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bundle of Joy Shower Card

Hi All,

A girl at work asked me if I would make her a card for a baby shower she had to go to, and her friend was having a boy. I went over all of my baby stamp sets in my head, and decided on Bundle of Joy. Note: another cloudy day in Toronto, so the pics aren't very good.


My card base is Whisper White, then layered with Kraft, then with a piece of retired DSP from the Spring Showers pack. The last 2 layers were punched with my Ticket Corner Punch, and I tied a piece of striped Bashful Blue ribbon around them.

At the bottom, I decided to go with a button overload - I tied Linen Thread through the holes of 6 buttons, and stuck them at the bottom in a row with Mini Glue Dots. I thought it added a cute childish look.

For the main panel, I took a piece of Whisper White CS, and stamped the bear from Bundle of Joy in Memento ink. Then, I masked that bear, and stamped the giraffe in the same ink, so it looks like the giraffe is behind the bear.

I coloured them both with my Copic markers. I sponged some Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery inks around the outside of the panel, and attached it to a piece of Chocolate Chip CS.

The sentiment is from the By Ones & By Twos stamp set (the original sentiment is Congratulations "squared", but I rubbed the ink off of the number 2). It was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on white CS, and punched out with my Word Window Punch. I smeared some brown ink around the outside of that to make it stand out a bit more as well.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: