Friday, September 25, 2009

Silver Treat Cup Christmas

Hello All,

The next card is another one we did at my September stamp camp. I wanted to use the treat cups and the Sweet Centers stamp set.
So, the clear choice was to use the stamp that will end up as an ornament, right?

I chose the base to be Whisper White CS, then a layer of Basic Black, and a layer of Brushed Silver (LOVE that paper!). Around the last 2 layers, I tied a heap of the black & white striped ribbon in a knot, and attached to the base with Dimensionals. I don't know about you, but I feel like this ribbon is STUNNING.

Anyway, the main panel is the same 3 colours of CS. On the white layer, I stamped the ornament top in Silver Encore ink. Then, the hole was made with the 1 3/4" circle punch. Inside the treat cup, I decided not to put treats at all! I filled it with faux snow, sparkley stuff, and little silver stars.


I realy want to put treats inside the cups, but I just don't like the idea of someone having to rip apart your card so they can get at it - has anyone found a solution to this problem? Otherwise, I think it is a really cute idea.
Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: