Friday, September 11, 2009

Unlikely Christmas Colours

Hi All,

I received my order from the Holiday Mini catalogue, so I thought I'd better break some of the products in!

I chose a very unlikely set of holiday colours for this: Bermuda Bay, More Mustard, and Sahara Sand. I actually really like the finished product!


My card base is a half sheet of Sahara Sand CS folded in half. The next layer is Bermuda Bay CS, punched with a snowflake edge punch from Martha Stewart. It partially embosses too, but it doesn't show up quite as well on the cardstock because it is thicker than regular paper.

My main layer starts out with a piece of Whisper White CS. The flourish from Season of Joy was stamped in the top right corner with More Mustard ink, and that corner was paper pierced.


At the bottom, a strip of Sahara Sand was added, and below that, a strip of More Mustard, which was rolled with the Jolly wheel in More Mustard ink.

The polka-dot Bermuda Bay ribbon was tied around the main panel.
I used the new Ornament Punch from SU's Holiday Mini catty for the 3 ornaments. The 2 ornaments on the outside are stamps from the new Delightful Decorations stamp set, both on Whisper White CS. The left one was stamped in More Mustard ink and punched out. The right one was inked up with Versamark, and Sahara Sand ink, then stamped, and embossed with Clear EP, and punched out. The middle ornament is a rub-on from the Merry & Bright pack on Bermuda Bay CS, and punched out.

Almost all of the layers were mounted with Dimensionals.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!







No comments: