Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Colour of Christmas?...Suede!

Hi All,

I decided to get out my new Rub-Ons from the Holiday Mini catalogue and play. For some reason, lately, I am into doing Christmas cards that aren't the norm. For this card, it was all about neutral, and I got to throw in one of the new In Colors for this year: Soft Suede.
Surprisingly, not much stamping on this card. My card base is Soft Suede CS, then layered with Whisper White CS, then layered with Kraft CS. Then, there is a piece of Whisper White at the bottom that I punched with one of the Martha Stewart edge punches (LOVE those). It ended up being mostly covered because the main panel was so big, but I left it there anyway. I sponged the Kraft layer and the white layer with Soft Suede ink.

I then tied some Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon in a knot around that base panel. It adds a cute little touch.

The sentiment is actually from a Verve Christmas set I have, punched out of white CS with my Word Window Punch. That was layered onto Kraft CS which was punched out using the Large Oval punch, then layered onto a piece of Soft Suede CS, which was made using my Big Shot and one of my tags Sizzlet dies.
For the main panel, I used the big snowflake from the Icicles Rub-Ons pack from the Holiday Mini in silver. That was stuck onto a piece of Kraft CS and sponged with Soft Suede ink. I coloured some parts of the snowflake in with my Versamarker, and also outlined the snowflake with that (that is why some parts are darker).
That panel was layered onto a white piece, then onto a Suede piece. Almost everything was put onto Dimensionals to adhere.


I really liked how this one turned out. I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: