Friday, February 13, 2009

God's Beauty

Hi All,

Here is a card I made using the new Hostess set God's Beauty. I loved the images when I saw them, and I knew that was the one I would choose as soon as I earned a Level 1 set.


There are no layers to this card. It was a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Whisper White CS folded in half, and that is it.

I used an oval template as a mask, so I could sponge Elegant Eggplant ink into the middle, and I stamped the leaves in Kiwi Kiss ink. I wish that my sponging did not turn out so blotchy, so next time, I might use the Stampin Sponges, as opposed to the Sponge Daubers.

I stamped the butterfly on a separate piece of white CS, and I coloured it with Stampin' Write Markers. I then cut it out, and adhered it to the card with foam squares. The antlers were difficult, so I'm not sure if I would do that again.

The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations, stamped in black ink. The ribbon is the Eggplant Grosgrain.

All in all, a pretty simple card, but a nice effect.

Hope you liked it. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: