Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love Martini

Hi all,
With Valentine's Day coming up, they have decided to sell flowers and cards at my work for the employees to take home to their loved ones.  They usually ask me to do the cards for events like these, so I got to working on a sample!

I always have to keep in mind that I may have to make several of them, so I keep the colouring to a minimum, and I don't use a lot of supplies like ribbon and flowers, etc.

So here's what I came up with:

My card base is white CS, then I have a Sahara Sand layer with black and Real Red mats.  On the Sahara Sand layer, I added a bunch of hearts that I cut out of Real Red CS using my SU heart punch.

I stamped Valentini onto Sahara Sand CS with Versamark ink and embossed it with Black EP.  I coloured the hearts in with Real Red and Pretty In Pink markers, and I added some glitter to some of the spots using a glue pen.  I cut it out with Rectangle Nesties, and added some Sahara Sand sponging inside the stencil.
I matted that with a black rectangle, then a Scallop Rectangle Nestie layer in Real Red.  After looking at it, you couldn't really see the scallop layer against all the hearts because they are the same colour, so I added in 1 final white mat.

Don't forget about this week's Bellarific Friday challenge using the below sketch!


Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: