Thursday, January 5, 2012

SOG Challenge: Bling Me!

Hi all,
It's Thursday, which can mean a few good things...firstly, it's almost Friday, which is awesome!  But also, we are posting a brand new challenge over on the Some Odd Girl blog!
Last week was a LOVE inspiration challenge because Kristy just had an amazing release of clear stamps for Valentine's Day.

This week, we are challengeing you to bling up your project.  You are required to use at least 2 types of bling on your project, which includes, but is not limited to, pearls, rhinestones, loose glitter, Stickles, foil, glaze, and mist.  Just make it sparkly and/or shiny!

Here's mine:
For this card, I am actually re-using a sketch that I really liked from THIS post on the Sketch Saturday blog. 

My card base is Sahara Sand CS, the patterned papers are from SU's Cutie Pie DSP pack, and the mats are black.  I added some Certainly Celery polytwill ribbon around all the layers, and I added 2 square rhinestones to 2 corners.

I stamped Romantic Gwen onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and embossed her with Clear EP.  I like how it seals in the ink.  I coloured her with Copics and added some shading with my Prismacolor Pencils and OMS.   I cut her out with Label 4 Nesties, and added some Wheat Versamagic ink inside the stencil.  I also added a bunch of glitter dots with my glue pen and loose glitter around my image.
The sentiment also comes with the image, and I stamped that in black ink onto white CS, outlined the heart with a Rose Red marker, and cut it out.

Don't forget to head over to the SOG blog to link up your own creation with bling!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: