Friday, January 27, 2012

Bellarific Friday: Our 2nd Sketch For 2012!

Hi all,
TGIF!!!  Welcome to another great Friday!  This Friday is extra special to me because I am on my way to New York City this morning!  YAY
So, this post was scheduled to hit you at the regular time, even though I have already blown town...hehe

This week's Bellarific Friday challenge was an awesome sketch by Ebrubella!  Have one last look at it!


I decided to go waaaaaay simple with this one.  I am a fan of all white cards, so that's what I went with this time :-)

Here's my take:
Guess what - all white cardstock!  Could ya tell?
I embossed the very bottom panel with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, and the strip on the right side was done with the Houndstooth folder.  Just wanted some contrasting textures.
The 2 corners are plain, but I added a bunch of white Martha Stewart pearls to fancy it up.

I stamped Stepsisters by Mo Manning onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I absolutely ADORE this image.  I am the younger sister, so I always see the older girl as the mean, bossy one...anyone else think that?
I coloured them totally with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS, and cut them out with Scallop Circle Nesties, then added some Wheat Versamagic sponging.

Next week's challenge???  Either a love/Valentines card or a pink/white/red card!  Your pick, but they are basically following the same theme in the end.  Make a card following that theme using any of the images sold at Stamping Bella and send it to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night, and you'll be entered to win some Bella Bucks.  And of course, we always love seeing all the cards published on Emily's blog!

Have a great weekend!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Seriously way too cute Robin! Love your all white card - it really makes your image pop!

Ebru Vatansever said...

Oh my, I love the white layers that are embossed differently. The coloured image just pops out, and your colouring is beautiful !!

Leslie said...

I love Bellariffic Fridays and your card is a perfect reason why...I've not seen that image before!!! Really cute and love the white on white!

Dana White said...

This is lovely I really like all the white the image just pops

paula tracy williamson said...

I saw your cand and just sighed....ahhhh, so love the all white! I love these sisters too, so funny, they look like trouble. Now, let's talk NYC...I am planning a May trip, but I am sitting here very jealous. Have a little fun for me, give my regards to broadway. Hehe