Friday, November 11, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Holiday Wishes

Hi all,
Happy Friday to everyone!  Hopefully you've got something totally fabulous planned for this weekend. I'll be out with the girls for a birthday party, and I'm sure I'll be doing some cleaning and stamping, as usual. 

So, last week, Em challenged us to make a holiday card for Bellarific Friday - my FAVOURITE type to make, by the way :-)  This challenge was right up my alley!
And, who couldn't use another excuse to add to their Christmas card stash?  It's actually very practical...

Here's my card for this week:

My card base is Pretty in Pink CS, my patterned papers are from the Echo Park line called Everybody Loves Christmas, and my mats are black and white.  The strip on the left side was punched with an EK Success Jumbo Double Scallop edge punch, and I added two adhesive rhinestones from CTMH.  I tied some white organdy ribbon around the base, added  bit of Linen Thread, and added the sentiment (which comes with the image), which was punched out with my SU Modern Label punch.  I also added some mini rhinestones to that little strip.

I stamped the brand new Uptown Girl's Christmas Tree on Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured the whole image in with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS again - no Copics!  I added some Sakura Glaze pen to the garland around the tree, and I stuck a bunch of mini rhinsestones to the tree as decorations. 
I cut it out with Label 7 Nesties, and added some Antique Linen Distress ink to the inside of the stencil. 

Next week's challenge???  A sketch from Ebrubella!  Choose any image sold at Stamping Bella, and put a project together using the below sketch.  Send it to Emily by Thursday night, and you will be entered to win some Bella Bucks, and your project will be published on the Bloggabella!


Have a fabulous weekend!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow, great card Robin. I just ordered this stamp last night - can't wait to get it. Awesome colouring, great paper choice and love your layout.

Regan said...

cute as a button..or tree??

Love it

Regan

Dana White said...

This is great - the rhinestones are the tree are perfect