Friday, November 25, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Anything Goes

Hi all,
Happy Friday!  I am extra happy today because I have the day off work, and I should be taking a small trip to Niagara Falls!  I know it's Black Friday for all our American friends, but I will be staying on the Canadian side of the falls, and I don't plan on doing any shopping.  Hope I get a break on the traffic! {fingers crossed}
Do you all take advantage of the crazy deals?  Or do you hide in your houses until the maddness stops?  I've seen some crazy stampedes on TV in past years.  I wouldn't even take the risk...

Anyway, onto safer topics :-)
It's Bellarific Friday!  This week, we were given a huge break, and the theme was free form!  That means anything goes, as long as you used a Bella image!  I took the opportunity to make another holiday card and to use another of the adorable Uptown Girls images!

Here's mine:

My card base is Old Olive CS, my patterned papers are from the SU pack called Dashing, and I used black mats.  I punched the white mat with my Martha Stewart icicle edge punch for some extra flair, and I added red CTMH rhinestones to a bunch of corners.  Love that red!
Pretty simple layout - these images are quite large, and I don't want to make things too complicated.

I stamped Uptown Girl Eve Under the Mistletoe onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured the whole thing with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS, and I added a bunch of glitter all around her.  Matted that with a black layer, and I'm done!

Next week's challenge??? Christmas/holiday cards!  I guess I got a head start on that one, but I am always up for more!  So make a holiday/Christmas card using any of the images sold at Stamping Bella, and submit it to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night.  You will be entered to win some Bella Bucks, and your card gets published on the Bloggabella!
Can't wait to see your ideas!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Simply fabulous!! Your colouring is awesome, love the green shading around her. Great layout and love the icicle border punch. Have a great weekend.

paula tracy williamson said...

She is a STUNNER Robin! Glad you are having a fun day off and no....I am not doing the crazy sale day here in Michigan. Lucky, there is nothing I need for my lists. It was fun, when I used to get out there and stand in the cold...now sales started last night at midnight or earlier. Hope your traffic was smooth sailing!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous! Love those Uptown Girls! You did a great job on the shading!!

Dana White said...

Robin this is stunning - fabulous card