Friday, October 28, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Stripes

Hi all,

Welcome to another start of a great weekend!  I loves me some Fridays!  What do I have planned for this weekend?  Well, I'm going to take my best friend out for an early dinner on Saturday for his birthday.  But mostly, I will be cleaning and painting and organizing stuff in my house.  I hope it's a productive one, and I better feel some sense of accomplishment come Monday!

Back to the main topic: Bellarific Friday!  Last week, we were challenged to add stripes to our creation!  Should be easy as pie!

Here's mine:

My card base is Kraft CS.  I have 3 patterns of paper on here, and they are all from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky collection.  Everything has black mats, and for the strip up the left side, I punched the edge with my Martha Stewart Lattice punch, and I added some white grosgrain ribbon to that.
The flower is from a Martha Stewart Gerbera Daisy pack, and the sentiment is a Making Memories rub-on, punched out with my Modern Label punch.

I stamped the adorable Emma Lulu onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured her up with Copics, added some shading with Prisma pencils, and cut her out with Label 14 Nesties - love that shape!  I also added some Wheat Versamagic sponging inside the stencil.

Next week's challenge??? Add snow to your card!  I know we are all dreading "that" season, but adding snow to all our projects should be fun!  Make a card using any of the images sold at Stamping Bella and add some snow - submit to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night, and you will be entered to win some Bella Bucks and your card will be published on the Bloggabella!

Have a great weekend!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

What a cutie, love the card layout and the image !! Well done Robin !!

Dana White said...

Robin this is so sweet - brilliant using the label for the image!

paula tracy williamson said...

This is so cute Robin! I love that striped paper. and the bright color around lulu. Have a nice dinner and don't clean too hard. lol Are you painting wall or canvas?? :)

Shannan Teubner said...

Sooo fabulous, Robin!!

Crafty Cath said...

You sure do make it look easy! Love the bright shading surrounding LuLu and that gorgeous daisy...looks more like spring than the quickly approaching "snow" season!