Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bellarific Friday: Back to School

Hi all,

I am playing along in this week's Bellarific Friday challenge over at Bloggabella!  This week, we were supposed to make something that went with a back-to-school theme.  I only had one Bella image that would fit this theme, and I feel like there are gonna be a lot of other peeps using the same image LOL.

Here it is:

My card base is Bashful Blue, and I added a Whisper White layer embossed with my Argyle Cuttlebug folder, and matted with a Basic Black layer.  I added some 1/4" black circles to the left side, and added some red brads in the middle.  Across the bottom, I added a fun strip of Washington Apple DSP.  The sentiment is from SU.

I stamped Spencer the Bookworm onto Bella's Bestest paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured him with Copics and some Prismacolor Pencils.  I cut him out with Rectangle Nesties, and mated that with a black rectangle.  On the side, I added a little clippie with some Red Gingham ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Scrappychick said...

I love Spencer, I caved on him too! Great job on the card Robin!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Now he is way toooo cute! Fab card Robin!

Crafty Cath said...

Awesome card Robin! Nice clean layout and your coloring is wonderful. So glad you played along this week! I've missed your creations.