Saturday, January 2, 2010

On The 7th Day of Christmas, TGF Gave To Me...

Hi All,

OK, so we are still making our way through the 12 days of sketches at TGF.  You can find the 7th post HERE.  These sketches are so much fun - do you ever wish you ddn't have a full-time job so that you could stamp all the time?  Phew, me too.


Can you tell I've been trying to use up my designer papers? 
For this colour scheme, I decided on my retired Afternoon Tea DSP.  My card base is Baja Breeze CS, followed by a layer of Chocolate Chip, and a layer of DSP.  The corner of the Chocolate Chip was punched with a notch corner punch (retired SU), and I weaved Linen Thread all around it and taped it to the back.  The horizontal strip is Chocolate Chip CS and DSP also.  Then, I tied some Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon around that layer and adhered it to the base.

The main panel was cut out with my Classic Oval Nesties, and I stamped the cute tot image Madelynn onto Neenah Solar White CS with Memento black ink, and coloured her with Copic markers. 

The butterflies are from the Martha Stewart butterfly punch also done with the Afternoon Tea DSP, and the sentiment is from McSplendid Farm, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White CS and cut out with the Word Window punch.  That was layered onto a smal oval of Chocolate Chip CS.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh wow Robin this is gorgeous. I love the colours you have used. Wondeful job with the sketch.
mwah
Trace

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! What nice paper/colors and of course, I love the added butterflies!