Friday, January 29, 2010

My First InStyle Card: Mellie

Hi All,

I made a bright and fun birthday card with my brand new Mellie digi stamp from In Style Stamps!   They sell her in rubber too, if you are so inclined!  I really love their anime stamps - I've always been partial to those Japanese-type images (ever since I was a little girl watching Sailor Moon! LOL).

I made a square card because I enlarged the image a bit.  My card base is Tangerine Tango, followed by a layer of PTI White CS, then a layer of Chocolate Chip, then some Hawaii Papaya DSP.  Across the bottom of that, I added a horizontal strip of the same DSP, matted with PTI White and Chocolate Chip CS.  I wrapped some Tangerine Tango striped ribbon around that base layer. 

I printed Mellie onto Neenah Solar White CS, and coloured her in with Copics.  I cut her out with Classic Rectangle Nesties, then layered with a larger Whisper White rectangle, then layered with a Chocolate Chip scallop rectangle.

On top of that, I added a Chocolate Chip corduroy button with Linen Thread (added with a Mini Glue Dot).  The sentiment is from Stamping Bella, stamped onto Whisper White CS in Chocolate Chip ink and cut out with my Curly Label punch.

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: