Friday, September 30, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Make It Pop

Hi all,

TGIF - I hope you all have a nice weekend planned!  I think I'm gonna have fun on Saturday and do some cleaning and attend a family dinner on Sunday - good balance, right?
We've been getting a bit of rain this week in Toronto, so I'm really hoping for a break :-(
Or a vacation to Cuba!  But, I don't really see that in my immediate future, let's face it.

Well, on to happy things - it's Bellarific Friday!  Last Friday, Em challenged us to add dimension to our cards and make them pop.  So, now we get to see what everyone has come up with!

Here's mine:

My base is Kraft CS, the DP is from the Sassafras Wee Bundle collection, and all my mats are black and white.  That paper is kinda cool - it looks like it has knitted doilies on it.
The black strip across the middle was punched with an SU scallop edge punch, and I added a bunch of rhinestones to the scallops (and I also put one in the middle of the doily).  I tied some So Saffrom grosgrain ribbon around that.
The sentiment is a cute little ticket from the Scraplines Tickets collection (there are 3 stamps in this one, and lots of other collections to browse through).  It was stamped in black ink onto DSP, and onto white CS, and I layered them with foam dots for dimension, and I added some brown sponging to the DSP portion of it.

I stamped my fave Lollipop (Pookie Lollipop) onto Bella's Bestest Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured her in with Copics and added some shading and grass with my Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. 

I stamped the big petals and one of the smaller flowers onto the DSP as well, added some brown shading, and popped them up on foam dots for dimension.  And a rhinestone on the smaller flower. 

Copics used:
*Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R02
*Pot: E31, E35, E37, E49
*Yellow flower: Y32, Y38
*Pink flower: R20, RV34

Next week's challenge??? Fall colours!  Get out a Stamping Bella image you love, as well as your reds, oranges, browns, yellows, rusts, and greens, and show us what you've got!  Send your card to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night, and your card will be published on the Bloggabella, and you will be eligible to win some Bella Bucks!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Wow, what a cutie patootie of a card !! love all the layering you did with this image and the color tones are so nice and soft.

Kerri said...

Nicely done...thks for sharing

Dana White said...

this is so cute! Brilliant popping the cute patootie up

Pauline said...

Robin, this is so adorable! Love all your pop up features! Great colours and layout as well.

Leslie said...

Well that certainly is a "cutie patootie" card!

Crafty Cath said...

Ooooh Super cute card. I love the design paper flower petals and the shading around them is fabulous!

Tammy Hershberger said...

TOOOO cute, Robin! LOVE the paper-pieced petals, and the dimension is awesome!