Friday, September 9, 2011

Bellarific Friday: Animals

Hi all,

It's Friday again - TGIF!  Gotta be in the running for the best day of the week, right???  Well, I can't believe it, but as I type this, I am wearing long jeans, socks, and boots!  What the heck happened to the summer weather?  I'm not ready to let it go yet - I refuse, in fact.  But I hear the weather will redeem itself, so we shall see.

Well, on to important business - it's time for anothah Bellarific Friday challenge!  For today, Em had challenged us to incorporate animals into our project - papers, embellies, image - whatever you've got!

I couldn't resisit - I had to bring out the adorable Mavis again.  She's a cat, so she definitely qualifies for the challenge!

Here she is:

All my cardstock and patterned papers are from SU's School Days Simply Scrappin' Kit - lots of bright an fun colours to work with.  The white piece was punched with my Martha Stewart edge punch, and I added some turquoise grosgrain ribbon around the whole base. 
The sentiment is from an SU rub-on pack.  All in all, I kept it pretty simple.

I stamped Mavis in her KINI onto Bella's Bestest Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, as always.  Really, you can't go wrong with that combo.  There are several cute Mavis images, as well as DT samples with her, so check them out!
I coloured her totally with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS - it works well for the fur and the stripes.  I cut her out with Label 14 Nesties, and added some Wheat Versamagic ink sponging to the inside of the stencil.  Love that shape!

We are actually taking a little break from Bellarific Friday for this week, so you will get 2 whole weeks to submit for the next challenge, which will be due to Emily (emily@stampingbella.com) by Thursday night, September 22.  Next challenge???  A sketch from Pauline-abella!  Use any of the images sold at Stamping Bella with the sketch below and submit to Em, and you will be entered to win some Bella bucks and your project will be published on the company blog!


Have a great weekend.  Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

She is to cute, really love the way you colored her Robin and also the sentiment on the top corner was a nice touch !!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I'm a Mavis-Junkie, so of course I LOVE this, Robin! Awesome coloring!

Crafty Cath said...

My word - you've done a GREAT job on Mavis! I LOVE how you colored her bathing suit! That cat is sexy!

Chris_P said...

Sooooo cute!!!!