Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sketch Saturday 156: You Perk Me Up

Hi all,

I saw a really great sketch out there in blog land, and decided I had to use it!  I am playing along with Sketch Saturday 156 sketch, and here is a glimpse:


As soon as I saw it, I thought that I loved the large middle panel, and it would be a great chance to use some patterned papers!

Here's mine:
My base is Kraft CS, which I've been loving lately.  All my patterned papers are from the Cosmo Cricket pack called Social Club, and all the papers are delicious!  Most of the panels are matted with black CS, and I wrapped some red polka dot satin ribbon around the middle strip. 
Two of the corners of the base piece were punched with the Tag Corner punch, and I added some black Martha Stewart pearls to those corners.
The sentiment (which comes with the image, BTW) was stamped onto white CS with black ink, and I cut the words out, and mounted them onto Kraft CS.

I stamped Perk Me Up Peeps onto Bella's Bestest Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured them up with Copics, and added some shading with pencils.  I paper pieced the cup jacket and the heart with Kraft and Real Red CS.  I punched out the image with Classic Rectangle Nesties, and added some Wheat Versamagic sponging on the inside.  I clipped the corners with my Corner Rounder Punch as well.
I have to tell you: these PEEP images are really quick to colour up - such a pleasure to work with!

Copics used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02
Hair: Brown - E71, E74, E79; Blonde - Y32, Y35, Y38
Jeans: B32, B24, B37, B39
Coffee Cup: BG70, BG72, BG78
Shirts: W3, W5, W7, BV23

Don't forget: you still have time to play along with our Bellarific Friday challenge: to use Kraft, Navy, and Green! Make sure you submit your card to Emily by Thursday night!

That's it for today - everyone enjoy your week!

Hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

yvette said...

What a great card :)

Dana White said...

this is so cute- awesome shading

Jessica Diedrich said...

I LOVE this- wow, girl, your shading/coloring ROCKS! Such a fabulous creation!

Crafty Cath said...

Super card... paper, coloring and image all come together so wonderfully. Makes me want to run and get a cup of joe.

Kerri said...

hey there nice job..love the catd..finally tried the monochromatic if you have a chance take a peek..thks for sharing..

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, I LOVE this! Great job with the coloring of that adorable image! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday! We hope you'll join us again soon!